Monday, March 14, 2011

my (lack of) beliefs

Today's topic for the blog challenge is meant to be about religious/spiritual beliefs, I believe (ha! see what I did there? Such a dork, I know.), but I am atheist, and therefore have none.

I could write dozens of paragraphs detailing all the points of religion and spirituality in general with which I disagree, but I feel like too often that sort of thing comes across as a confrontational manifesto, and that's just not my style.

Therefore, I present to you the following three quotes, which I believe will give you a good idea of my mindset.

"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge."
- Bertrand Russell

“There is grandeur in this view of life … from so simple a beginning, endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.”
- Charles Darwin

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen H. Roberts

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    I was looking at your posts, and I like your blog. I want you to visit my art blog, and if you follow me, I will follow you...

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete